The South West Essex and Settlement Reform Synagogue is an exciting and diverse
SOUTH WEST ESSEX AND SETTLEMENT REFORM SYNAGOGUE ( SWESRS)
Formed in 1956, with the aims of providing and maintaining a Reform Synagogue for the purposes of public worship and advancing religious and educational activities for the residents of Redbridge and its environs.
In 1997 South West Essex Reform Synagogue (
The enlarged congregation has achieved and continues to achieve its aims.
We are proud of the diversity of our membership, as each of our members brings something unique to
- treasuring both Jewish tradition and Judaism’s ability to evolve in response to the contemporary world
- a life of integrity based on a process of informed decision making
- an uncompromising commitment to gender equality and inclusion, responding to the changing realities of our community
- seeks out new opportunities and spaces in which to welcome and engage with members, unaffiliated Jews and those with non-Jewish partners
- is committed to Israel and the pursuit of peace; democracy; human rights and religious pluralism
- means building a just society through social action and
tikkun olam, repair of the world