- This event has passed.
Wednesday August 25 @ 8:00 pm
Calling Notice South West Essex and Settlement Reform Synagogue
Notice is hereby given that the Twenty Fourth Annual General Meeting of the South West Essex and Settlement Reform Synagogue will be held at Oaks Lane, Newbury Park, Ilford, Essex, IG2 7PL and online via Zoom on 25 August 2021/ at 8.00pm. Please register if you wish to use online voting with the synagogue office by 23 August 2021.
- If you are planning on attending via Zoom and therefore wish to vote online, we will need an email address for every person voting - please register this with the synagogue office - email@example.com - and if you do not receive the day before the meeting an email with the link to vote please let the synagogue office know so we can re issue it.
1. Opening Prayer
2. Welcome by Michael Dalton Chair
3. Minutes of the Twenty Third Annual General Meeting of the South West Essex & Settlement Reform Synagogue on Sunday 7th July 2019 / 4 Tammuz 5779, Notes from the 3 February 2021 EGM, Notes from EGM 17 February 2021 and Notes from the EGM 1 July 2021.
4. Amendments/Matters arising from the Minutes of the Twenty Third AGM, Notes from the 3 February 2021 EGM, Notes from EGM 17 February 2021 and Notes from the EGM 1 July 2021.
5. Chair’s Address
6. Treasurer’s Report
7. Presentation and Adoption of Annual Accounts 2020
8. Presentation and Adoption of Annual Report 2020-2021
9. Re-appointment of Preston’s & Jackson Partnership LLP as Synagogue Auditors
10. Election of Chair, Vice-Chair, Honorary Treasurer, Honorary Secretary, Senior Warden and up to twelve other persons to be the Council of the Synagogue
11. Presentation and adoption of the 3-year strategic plan for SWESRS - downloadable copy can be found here
12. Announcement of Election Results
13. Elected Chair’s Acceptance
14. Any Other Business
By Order of the Council
If you wish to receive a copy of the annual accounts and report prior to the meeting, please email the Synagogue office - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members are reminded that their children, between the ages of 18 and 20 inclusive, have the right of election to, and voting for Council.
Click here for the nomination form in PDF format or click here for the nomination form in Word format. These forms should be returned to the Hon. Secretary at the Synagogue Office by no later than Monday 16th August 2021 5.30pm. It should be noted that at least two nominations are required for candidacy to be valid, and you can nominate yourself. Please obtain the consent of the candidate/s whom you are nominating.
Under the Laws of the Synagogue no member shall be eligible for membership of or election to council until he/she has been a member of the synagogue for (i) a continuous period of two years or (ii) a continuous period of one year in the case of a member who has transferred from another constituent synagogue of the Movement for Reform Judaism having been a member of that synagogue for a continuous period of two years immediately prior to the date of transfer. Members who are not eligible are marked with an asterisk on the lists of members, which can be inspected at the Synagogue Office during office hours.
Positions of Council:
Up to 12 Council members.