We have a vacancy for a caretaker/cleaner/handy-person who will be responsible for providing quality services with regards to the upkeep and security of the Synagogue premises. This position could be for one candidate or potentially two in a job share to start ideally in mid-October. If you or anyone you know might be interested please be in touch! Application deadline 5pm Monday 11th October.
Duties to include:
- Cleaning – ensuring the building is clean and presentable at all times
- Security – opening and closing the synagogue, ensuring the premises are secure.
- Health and Safety - ensure standards are maintained at all times
- Maintenance of the premises and grounds – undertaking minor repairs and maintaining the grounds
- Event Support – preparing the premises, rooms and facilities for events and activities, please note this may involve some heavy lifting.
You should have the relevant experience to undertake this role, along with good communication skills, own transportation and live locally. You will be required to work on Jewish holidays and on Shabbat.
We are offering £10.85 per hour for a minimum of 28 hours a week up to potentially 42 hours a week – (including weekends and evenings)
For further information about the job and an application form please email firstname.lastname@example.org