South West Essex and Settlement Reform Synagogue (SWESRS) aims to inspire individuals and communities with Reform Jewish values and traditions. We welcome and appreciate the contribution of all our volunteers.
As a volunteer with SWESRS you can expect:
- A welcoming, stimulating and creative environment in which to volunteer
- An induction to your role
- A safe environment
- The chance to gain new skills and use existing ones
- To be treated fairly and with respect
- Reimbursement of any reasonable out of pocket expenses
- Personal liability insurance to cover you while you are fulfilling authorised volunteer work
- Injury insurance for injuries incurred while fulfilling your authorised volunteer work
We hope you will:
- Enjoy your time volunteering at SWESRS and carry out your role to the best of your ability
- Support SWESRS’ values and strategic aims
- Be committed, doing your best to come in as arranged and giving reasonable notice if you are unavailable
- Be flexible
- Keep us informed of any problems encountered during your time with us. We encourage you to ask questions if you are unsure of any tasks and to let us know if things are not as you expected
- Staff and volunteers to treat each other and members of SWESRS fairly and with respect
- Staff and volunteers to adhere to the policies and procedures of SWESRS
Confidentiality: Over the course of your volunteering, you will come across confidential information about the South West Essex & Settlement Reform Synagogue, its staff, its members and other third parties. You must respect this confidentiality and not use the information for your own benefit or disclose the information, except where required or permitted to do so by law
Ideas and problems: New ideas are welcome here at SWESRS and the Trustees would like to hear any that you may have. Any problems you may have whilst volunteering can also be heard by the Trustees.
This agreement is a statement of values and is binding in honour only. It is not intended by the parties to be a legally binding agreement nor is it intended to create an employment relationship between us.
Thank you for volunteering at SWESRS. We appreciate and value your contribution.