Following our highly successful pilot for hybrid services, we are more determined than ever to ensure that every member can stay connected together.
We picture a shul where community and social events as well as services can be both online and in person, with everyone sharing a satisfactory experience.
We picture a shul where we can all participate regardless of needs.
But purchasing and installing the technology for full hybrid services costs more money than we have. We are therefore launching this appeal to you our members, to help us reach the £20,000 that we need. Here is a list of some of the equipment and the costs:
- Dedicated Broadband - £60 per month
- Network boxes - £45 each
- Cables - £10 each
- Pan Tilt & Zoom Camera - £1800 each
- Computer for streaming - £1400
- HDMI Converter - £90
- Digital Sound Mixer - £1350
- Monitor for Rabbi - £200
- 65” LED Screens for congregation - £600 each
- Cabling - £3000
Please do help us with your donation, whether it is small or large, by:-
- ringing the office on 020 8599 0936 to pay by card
- making a transfer to our bank: sort code 30-90-47, account number 00126324, with the reference ‘Connected/your surname’
- or sending a cheque made payable to SWESRS, saying that it is for the appeal.
We are currently working on offering the option to make online donations – please watch out for more info in due course.
If you are a UK taxpayer you might like to consider making the payment by Gift Aid. It will not cost you anymore but, provided you have paid at least 25% of the donation in income tax, the Synagogue will receive a tax refund representing 25% of your donation from HMRC.